Funding provided to community language schools must be used to deliver a language education program in Queensland to eligible students.
It may be used for:
- salaries of teachers and/or teacher aides
- teacher development
- teaching materials (for example, books and resource kits)
- teaching equipment (for example, general stationery items and software programs)
- rental of suitable premises.
must not be used for:
- activities or language programs offered outside of Queensland
- capital purchases such as property/buildings, renovations, computers, data projectors and furniture
- programs that are predominantly religious or political
- costs to attend and travel to conferences or overseas (e.g. accommodation, airfares, fuel etc.).